Contact Me:


If you would like to contact me to discuss your upcoming ceremony or event you can do so via:

Phone: 0408 508 258

Email: tania.bannister@bigpond.com

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Your Perfect Vows

How do you write your vows? What do you say? Before you begin, you need to know that under The Marriage Act 1961, there are the  minimum vows that you both must say. These "legal" vows must also include your first and middle name as they are on your birth certificate, change of name certificate, or passport. These vows are:


"I call upon the persons here present to witness that I, A.B./C.D, take thee, C.D./A.B. to be my lawful wedded wife/husband."

After these vows you can add your own personal vows. You can write your own, making them very personal for you, saying what you feel straight from the heart. You can refer to previous letters or emails you have written to one another for example. Luckily there are many books to peruse if you need them, the internet is also a fantastic place for inspiration. Or your celebrant can help you. But remember to enjoy the process, you are only going to do this once!

"I take you to be my partner, to have and to hold from this day forward. I give you my unending love and devotion. I promise to be true to you, to cherish you, and to share my thoughts, hopes and dreams with you. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you, my best friend. I will love you forever."



Source: http://weddingvowshare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment