Contact Me:


If you would like to contact me to discuss your upcoming ceremony or event you can do so via:

Phone: 0408 508 258

Email: tania.bannister@bigpond.com

Friday, October 11, 2013

A Lovely Wedding Poem

I found this poem online today & I just love it. It's kind of quirky & quite a bit sweet, a bit modern too.




Taking: By Andrea Porter


Is this the part where I say I do?
I lost track somewhere around
us being gathered here together?
I don't recall anyone objecting.

My mind was somewhere else,
I had this image of us both older
weathered by the years, a scene
of us driving to your mother's
every Sunday for roast beef.
Discussions about good gravy,
the dog's arthritis, your sister,
the cost of bedding plants

Do you take this man?
Yes I take him, all of him.
I take his mother, her better gravy,
her hobbling dog, the sucked a lemon sister,
the cost of marigolds and geraniums.
I do, if it's the price for loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment